Home | Astrology Index | Numerology Index | Other House Cusps
The Second House of the Horoscope
Material Values and Security
- The second house relates to personal possessions and general prosperity. It deals with your sense of values and how you view your security. Factors associated with the second house may show how you acquire and how you spend your material resources. The house may also relate how important these assets are in your life.
Cusp of the 2nd house:
Aries on the 2nd house cusp - Aries material values
- This part of your life is ruled by the aggressive planet Mars. Thus, when it comes to making money, you can be very assertive and competitive. There is a deep-seated inferiority complex behind your strong quest for significance. You may continue to drive yourself hard even when you no longer have a sense of material need. You tend to be impulsive and impractical when it comes to money and possessions. You put little forethought in expenditures, displaying an attitude of "easy come, easy go." Nonetheless, you almost seem to enjoy a good fight over money or possessions.
Taurus on the 2nd house cusp - Taurus material values
- The Taurus influence in the second house denotes a strong drive to earn money; to build and hold financial worth and material possessions. Venus, the planet of love ruling the second house suggests a real love of money. You are good at business affairs because in this area of your life, you are practical and "down to earth." You believe in living within your means and preferably on a cash basis. You spend for tangible assets of enduring value. It's not that you won't spend money, but you demand your money's worth. Taurus is the natural sign for the second house, and you are a natural for making and accumulating money.
Gemini on the 2nd house cusp - Gemini material values
- The Gemini influence in the second house focuses the mind on material matters and on making money. With Mercury, the ruling planet of Gemini, controlling the second house of money and possessions, you express an active interest in financial affairs. This placement shows manipulation of values toward greater earnings, and taking care of yourself in a materialistic sense. Your resourcefulness in accumulating money may result in holding more than one job simultaneously. You have a tendency to weigh and measure everything and everybody by material success. You should learn to view achievements based on social and cultural values. You probably make your money with your head instead of your hands.
Cancer on the 2nd house cusp - Cancer material values
- The influence of Cancer in the second house shows that you are protective of your financial assets and possessions. The sign Cancer suggests an emotional quality. You won't be extravagant, except perhaps when in matters of the home and family. You are very adaptable and receptive to the people around you, and you instinctively perceive their needs. You can naturally derive income from some form of commerce. Your income may be closely keyed in some way to whims of the public. It may fluctuate a good deal. You have a basic fear of insecurity. Yet even with this fear, you are a generous person. Emotional and financial affairs are very much interrelated in your nature.
Leo on the 2nd house cusp - Leo material values
- This is the sign of the zodiac that is ruled by the Sun. The Sun denotes your self-esteem, so your financial condition may have a close association with your self-esteem. Your earning capacity may have a lot to do with your sense of self-worth. The Leo drive for self-expression strives to accumulate material security. You tend to make finances your major objective to insure your security. You are smart in financial affairs because of knowing what the public wants, and you know how to profit from this knowledge. Doing well financially is especially important to you for the benefits it provides your offspring, and because you have this natural concern for your long term security.
Virgo on the 2nd house cusp - Virgo mateial values
- Virgo on the cusp of the second house suggests that you are particular and exacting about money and possessions. You earn and accumulate by using your mind and attention to detail. You appear very careful with financial affairs, but often you can become somewhat penny-wise and pound-foolish. You may save on trivialities only to squander major amounts on luxuries and expensive entertainment. You enjoy being entertained and served in a royal fashion. When financial affairs aren't in good order, worrying about them can affect your health.
Libra on the 2nd house cusp - Libra material values
- There is balance and harmony in material affairs when Libra is the sign on the cusp of the second house. This sign suggests the accumulation of possessions is highly dependent on ventures with a partner, normally the marriage partner. With Venus ruling this house there is a love of luxury and a willingness to spend money for pleasurable and sociable activities. You want items that reflect the highest quality and finest workmanship. Yet most of the time you are a frugal soul and you don't like to waste anything. You are good at juggling figures and balancing budgets, taking the utmost care to spend and save in proper proportions to the total income. When, through the extravagance of other people, you can't keep that budget in order, you become very upset.
Scorpio on the 2nd house cusp - Scorpio material values
- Scorpio on the cusp of the second house denotes a tendency toward secretiveness regarding financial affairs. You may put much intense effort in managing such affairs. You do this in a private way and it's unlikely anyone will realize much about the situation, whether it is good or bad. Further more, you resent anyone prying into your business. There is an insecurity here that diminishes sharing tendencies and forces you to try to hold on to what you have with a tenacity and reserve. Rarely do you fail to get your money's worth. Despite your natural inherent possessiveness, with Pluto ruling the house of finances, there can be some major ups and downs in your financial life.
Sagittarius on the 2nd house cusp - Sagittarius material values
- The Sagittarius influence in the second house suggests that your reserve does not extend to financial affairs. You are a most generous person, willing to share what you have with those in need. Your attitude toward money is philosophical. Your interest in financial matters extends only to taking care of your needs and sharing. Accumulation is not particularly important to you. Nonetheless, you are very effective in doing whatever you set out to do in a material sense. You are lucky in this regard. Your personality attracts financial success naturally. You may have a somewhat inflated estimate of your worth, and you can be extravagant in your expenditures. You are a risk taker who may get burned from time to time. Your goal oriented approach to life usually assures that plenty of money is available to satisfy your desires. Your income is likely to be the result of long-range planning. Often long-distance travel is associated with producing revenue and earning a living.
Capricorn on the 2nd house cusp - Capricorn material values
- The influence of Capricorn in the second house suggests prudence and practicality in the handling of money. Even if you were somehow to amass a much wealth, you would always be careful about how you spent it. It may be that you have a "poor" complex. By not knowing how much you are worth or what your earning potential is, you continue to live as though you had very little. When buying investments, you are inclined toward the blue chips and sure bets. Your personality is very open-hearted, but with pocketbook issues you are very cautious and practical. You may reject luxury or expensive living. It just may be that you just don't want to deal with anything so mundane as financial matters, preferring to keep your sights on the horizon.
Aquarius on the 2nd house cusp - Aquarius material values
- The influence of Aquarius suggests that you are impersonal about money and possessions, and material factors can never rule your life. You are creative and even original in your methods of earning a living. It is not uncommon with this sign for individuals to have unstable incomes and derive most of funds from free-lance methods. Often income comes from capitalizing on technology and the discoveries of modern science. You are spontaneous in your earning; impulsive and even nervous when you spend. You are unafraid to take chances financially, and you look for unusual and inventive ways to invest.
Pisces on the 2nd house cusp - Pisces material values
- With the sign Pisces influencing the second house, you tend to be lax and impractical when it comes to personal financial affairs. You'll spend your money on dreams and schemes, but then become emotionally upset and disturbed when the books don't balance. You have, nonetheless, a very generous spirit. While you have a definite appreciation for the better things in life, you could never be considered greedy or even materialistic. You should scrutinize financial documents and contracts carefully before you sign, for you have a tendency to be a little careless in this regard. On the more positive side, Pisces on the cusp of the second lends a sense of timing and intuition that may be an asset financially.
- © Michael McClain 1996-2012.. Permission is granted for unlimited noncommercial use. All other rights reserved