Astrology Index | Numerology Index | Other House Cusps
The Eighth House of the Horoscope
Meeting Needs, Life's Secrets, Joint Resources The eighth house is the field of joint resources. This house deals with possessions that are not earned by you, but obtained through relationships or inheritance. It also involves funds belonging to others such as taxes, corporate money, insurance, and the stock market. It addresses matters of generation, regeneration, research and investigation. The eighth house relates to interests in the mysteries of life.
Cusp of the 8th house:
Aries on the Cusp of the 8th House
- With Aries influencing joint financial affairs, there can be conflict and disagreement about how money should be spent. You are decisive in this regard, and you'll fight to hold to your convictions. Conflicts can arise regarding legacies, and sometimes such conflicts may result in litigation. Aggressive Aries shows that you will have the spirit to fight for your needs, and to insure your security.
Taurus on the Cusp of the 8th House
- Taurus influencing the eighth house suggests a good head for business and a sense for sound investments. There is a tendency to marry for money or security, as well as for love. Cooperation in joint relationships may be lacking and there is a personal attachment to possessions, instead of a spirit of sharing. There may be ups and downs in the financial affairs, but eventually matters turn out profitably. Your very pleasant disposition serves you well in getting what you want out of life.
Gemini on the Cusp of the 8th House
- The Gemini influence in the eighth house brings a healthy curiosity about the mysteries of life. You like to talk and think about such subjects. You love a good mystery, and you have the kind of mind that can dig to bottom and solve complex problems. You are full of ideas about how properly to handle joint finances.
Cancer on the Cusp of the 8th House
- The sign Cancer rides on the cusp of the eighth house denoting an emotional interest in many mysteries of life on a very basic level. You have a very introspective interest in the profound issues of life and death. In many ways, it may be difficult for you to ask for anything that you need of an emotional nature. Thus, you rarely expose emotional needs, withdrawing instead. There may be two distinct sides to your personality; one happily extroverted and the other brooding and reflective. When the latter side of the nature takes over, you tend to draw back. You cease to be the go-getter that usually marks your style.
Leo on the Cusp of the 8th House
- The influence of Leo in the eighth house gives a large capacity for the physical side of romance. There is also a much creative energy directed toward business and large scale investments. Money making becomes a game to be enjoyed. In maturity, you have a solid sense of self-worth and a knowledge of how to get what you want out of people and out of life in general. As generous as you can be, you insist on controlling the purse strings of the joint or business finances. This position usually promises living to a ripe old age.
Virgo on the Cusp of the 8th House
- With Virgo influencing affairs of the eighth house, you may become more concerned and critical in the conduct of joint financial affairs. Your impulsive nature is considerably restrained when it comes to family expenditures and handling money that belongs to someone else. You believe in being adequately insured and protected. You can succeed in occupations requiring close attention to detail and investigative skills, such as chemist, psychologist, or detective. This sign suggests a restrained or constrained sex life.
Libra on the Cusp of the 8th House
- The influence of Libra in the eighth house denotes financial gain through marriage and partnerships. It also shows that you can get just about everything you really want with a diplomatic approach. Often the balance obtained in partnerships produces an equilibrium otherwise missing in your nature. Much of your potential for success depends on the support of others. You have a large capacity for love at the communal level.
Scorpio on the Cusp of the 8th House
- The Scorpio influence in the eighth house suggests secrets regarding joint finances and possibly trouble with legacies. The approach to love-making is more sensual than sentimental, and deeper feelings in this regard are kept to yourself. You have a real understanding of human nature. You expend little pretense or effort to play the games people devise to make their actions nobler than they really are. As this house relates to needs gratification, Scorpio on the cusp shows an individual whose needs are powerful and aggressively sought.
Sagittarius on the Cusp of the 8th House
- The influence of Sagittarius in the eighth house suggests a natural flare for business and good fortune when it comes to money. You may have the good fortune to benefit from large-scale enterprises that grow and prosper. Jupiter, the ruling planet of Sagittarius, provides good fortune and abundance in the part of the chart it controls. Its influence here in the eighth house supplies a natural expectancy and enthusiasm that brings financial help to you throughout your life. You are the type of person who can usually get what you want out of life because of your good-humored nature and generous, outgoing demeanor. Optimism and high expectations are attributes that serve you well.
Capricorn on the Cusp of the 8th House
- The influence of Capricorn in the eighth house produces a sense of responsibility regarding money. You do not like to borrow and you don't like being in debt. The sign yield very high sense of ethics in business dealing and you would never stoop to cheating or deceptions. If you did, you would suffer guilt for years. There is a very heavy sense of burden associated with obligation; it may be hard for you to accept any sort of gift or "strokes" with grace. You take on the responsibility of handling other people's money and do so with serious concern.
Aquarius on the Cusp of the 8th House
- The Aquarius influence on the eighth house denotes one who is independent and original in ideas regarding life's mysteries and universal laws. You have a surprisingly strong interest in the spiritual side of life. You are likely to have very unorthodox views on sex, birth control and abortion, normally being surprisingly liberal in this regard. You understand human needs well, and have a modern and enlightened ability to express yourself in this regard.
Pisces on the Cusp of the 8th House
- The Pisces influence on the eighth house denotes a strong intuition and sometimes even psychic inclinations. There is worry and concern over joint financial affairs, even when there is no real reason for such concern. Personal desires may have to be renounced. There is likely to be confusion or disappointment concerning legacies and you may be deprived of what you assumed was to be yours. The nature of Pisces is compassion, and in a material sense, you are likely to be called on to meet obligations and responsibilities to satisfy your inner needs.
- © Michael McClain 1996-2012. Permission is granted for unlimited noncommercial use. All other rights reserved.