Home | Astrology Index | Numerology Index | Other planets in houses
The Sun in Houses
- The house placement of the Sun shows the area of life where the vital energies generated by the Sun are likely to focus. The Sun associated with any house illuminates the meaning of that house. It does so in the manner discussed in the reading of the Sun sign. Through the life, this energy of the Sun is evident. The subject matter of the house may prove to be the focus of your drive.
The Sun in houses...
Sun in 1st house
- The Sun in the first house takes on a strong identification with your Ascendant, and produces an individual that is very true to the nature of this sign. The Sun here provides a strong sense of identity, abundant vitality, and personal confidence. A first house Sun produces much initiative, self-assurance, and leadership skills that might not be otherwise reflected in the chart. You are a more spontaneous and outgoing person than your signs may generally suggest, because you are such a "together" person. You have a determination to make something of yourself. You aren't easily swayed by the opinions or desires of others, having your own clear view of goals. The radiance of the Sun in first house usually produces abundant energy and excellent recuperative powers which help you overcome physical ailments that may come along. In the first house, the Sun gives you a sense of yourself that makes it important to feel that you are important, and in general, a person of significant distinction. The nature of the Sun in the first house produces optimism and gives you a very "sunny" disposition.
Sun in 2nd house
- The Sun positioned in the second house focuses energies on resources which surely includes money, wealth and all of the possessions and benefits that this can provide; you have a drive for power especially geared toward personal resources, your personal security, and other material values. It is important for you to have control of your financial affairs and to the "Captain of the Ship" in this regard. The need for this material control and success is strong, as is the drive for financial independence. This position usually provides not only the need, but also the ability to succeed in a material sense. There is a tendency to equate power or prominence with money and possessions. Often, most of the energy goes into making money solely for the sake of spending and enjoying it. Indeed, you may be a free-spender even if you truly lack the assets to do so; it is hard to be conservative when it comes to money. The strongest trait that is shown by this placement is the sense of generosity that it often produces. The use of money to help others may be one of your most attractive attributes.
Sun in 3rd house
- This placement denotes a drive for power in matters regarding mental or analytical accomplishment. It might be said that this placement actually compels you to want to learn and to broadly expand your understanding of many varied subjects. Accordingly, you are likely to remain involved in continuing education and mental development for many years, if not for your entire life. Travel and study are strongly marked in your nature, and you may become a little impatient if you can't move about freely and receive a constant flow of mental stimulation. This placement produces teachers, writers or persons some way involved with enterprises disseminating information. You always communicate so well that you are one of those people who has a faculty for saying the right thing, at the right time. The ability to express ideas effectively is always important to you. You seem to remain ever optimistic, even when things don't go your way. Do be cautious of becoming intellectually over-confident, as it is easy for one with this position to fall into a pattern of intellectual arrogance, especially when dealing with those less well informed.
Sun in 4th house
- The Sun located in the fourth house denotes deep roots in the home and a strong drive for domestic security. Your personal expression in life is aimed toward family matters and the home environment. A fourth house Sun lends powerful instincts to protect and conserve the traditions and institutions with which you identify; the base of your life, the home. Although the early part of your life may have been an uphill struggle in some way, you were strongly marked and profoundly conditioned by your background, family history, or possibly just by your early environment. You are apt to be very proud of you heritage and origins. This is a favorable position for the Sun as it often produces rapidly increasing prosperity and security in the latter half of life, while increasing the vitality and energy during these later years. The Sun in this house guides interests in land, houses, ecology, natural resources and perhaps issues associated with conservation.
Sun in 5th house
- The Sun in the fifth house suggests that you are an resourceful person, and much of the focus in your life is directed toward creative activity. There is a very strong drive to express yourself in inventive or creative terms; to write, to act, to perform in public, to develop or produce. You want to be noticed and appreciated. You may be a little bit of a show-off, or at least one careful always to present yourself at your very best. Yours is a sunny and happy disposition that usually attracts many friends and admirers. You are not one to shy away from taking chances, and for some with this placement, the thrill of a risky but promising gamble is hard to resist. There is a childlike quality attached to this position, and it may be necessary to insure that actions reflect appropriate maturity and subtlety. Don't be too theatrical and egocentric. The self-confidence produced by this placement is strong. Often the focus of attention is on your children, or on children in general. Indeed, you be inclined to work with children is some respect. You are likely to dote on your children, and perhaps even project your own dreams through them.
Sun in 6th house
- This placement denotes a drive concerning work, service and health. You are a determined worker, faithful to a task, and you are inclined to take great pride in your endeavors. Indeed, you seek to distinguish yourself by your efforts and contributions in the workplace. This position often leads to success in positions of administrative authority, also in specialized skills requiring expert craftsmanship. Yet as the boss, you can be very demanding, holding all to the highest standard. If you are on the other end of employer/employee relationship, you can be most demanding and dogmatic toward your employer, insisting on rights and privileges to enhances the role of workers to the highest possible plane. This position also deals with health issues, and wellness and nutrition are issues of scrupulous concern. Physical fitness is also an area of major interest. Frequently, health matters become a major concern and careers in some field related to health and fitness are common when the Sun influence is in the 6th house.
Sun in 7th house
- This placement denotes a public personality. Your life is strongly integrated and influenced by those close to you; the marriage partner, the business partner. These connections make or break you as you have a propensity to react to the people around than to initiate projects on your own. You are particularly adept at public relations as you know how to cooperate and deal with others. This is a good position for most careers in sales and promotion. The power of this position will always be in relationships, and it will be necessary for you to help others in order for you to shine. Your keen sense of proportion permits you to become an arbitrator, called on to balance one person or faction against another, to maintain an equilibrium.
Sun in 8th house
- The Sun resides in the eighth house denoting a deep creativity and a large understanding of life. The chief purpose of the Sun in this house is to give you a sensitivity to other people's values and there probably will be some responsibility in this regard. You have a close identification with social values. Activities often center on possessions or resources of other people, and you may find your energies invested in collective enterprises. Stock markets, banking, pensions, and some form of sociological investigation are but a few of the fields that may attract. In any field that you enter you are to be very creative, investigative, and thorough as a researcher.
Sun in 9th house
- The Sun in the ninth house is a placement suggesting that your focus may be on idealistic rather than the practical side of affairs. A ninth house Sun often produces the farseeing thinker who expresses ideas on a broad level. You should have lofty and noble motives, but the sense of practicality may at times be lacking. There may be serious interests in spiritual and religious pursuits. Law, religion and philosophy are subject of natural interest. The intuitive mind is highly developed. Your high ideals can be carried too far at times. If you fail to keep these under control, you can become fanatical about them. This can be a very outgoing position, for once you are convinced you have the answers to the weighty questions attracting your concern, you will want to share your insights with all that will listen. The ninth house Sun likewise has a desire to cover distances physically. There is a strong desire for exploration and travel, for knowing first hand and understanding foreign culture and viewpoints.
Sun in 10th house
- This placement denotes fame and honor, or sometimes scandal. In either case, this position is one that suggests you will be noticed. You are driven to reach a station of authority, power or responsibility. Often, this is an indicator of some degree of worldly honor, political power, or professional achievement of special note. Your example inspires others and your determination to make a name for yourself will likely lead to a growing reputation. Few with this elevated Sun remain obscure. Respect and social standing are necessary for you, and you may have been born to these. In a certain sense, the term nobility may fit you. You abhor anything demeaning to your dignity and moral respectability.
Sun in 11th house
- This placement gives the assistance needed from those in a position to help you achieve your goals. You will work toward major goals and objectives within the framework of friends, associates and group activities. You have a strong drive to gain recognition through mental achievement within a group. An eleventh house Sun person achieves through association with others, and often with the help of friends. You are likely to have ambition for group leadership, and you are inclined to rise to a position of leadership or spokesperson. Your approach to life is very liberal and broad-minded, the humanitarian who would prefer popularity to power. The self becomes sacrificed for the achievement of broad goals and objectives. The support of friends is always a paramount issue.
Sun in 12th house
- This placement denotes a private drive for self-perfection. You are one who will seldom receive full recognition for your efforts and accomplishments, but you easily accept roles of relative obscurity. You are somewhat introverted and love the peace and solitude such a situation often affords. If you were left to your own devices and permitted to, you could live a contemplative life. If you display leadership, it will likely be a "behind the scenes" role. Service to others provides you with recognition and fulfillment. Psychology and psychic research may be of considerable interest for you. While there may be indications in other parts of your chart that you need people, you are likely to feel somewhat estranged from others even when in the middle of a group. You need to spend a good deal of time by yourself. You should not be too concerned by feelings of not-belonging, and by failures to mix well with others. Your role may be that of investigation and obtaining understanding, rather than socializing and the attainment of status.
- © Michael McClain 1996-2012. Permission is granted for unlimited noncommercial use. All other rights reserved.