Home | Astrology Index | Numerology Index |
Sun in Cancer Combined with the 12 Moon Signs
- Select your MOON SIGN from the menu.
Sun in Cancer and the Moon in Aries
- The combination of your Sun and Moon signs gives you a quick mind and a remarkable memory. You are a person with much self-respect and determination. Yet this never seems to make you at all self-centered or insensitive to others. In fact, you are very sensitive to everyone, and you live by the code "Do unto others as you would. . ." There is no great complexity about your emotions. They are just near the surface, and as a rule, do become easily aroused. If offended, you often reply with a quick and ever so intense emotional reaction. But there is not much depth to this temper, and you become quickly cooled and back to normal. Emotions are quick and changeable. Sometimes you say things before thinking that you later regret. This is unfortunate, because your intentions are usually sterling. Although you mean the best and you'll go into battles for your friends, you're not so good at respecting their ideas. You may dismiss such ideas and principles before really giving them any thought. You are anything but a naive person, and about the only way you can be fooled is by playing to your emotions. Your nature is a little on the suspicious side. You seem to succeed much more readily working in some humanistic profession or artistic endeavor, rather than in a business. People and ideas appeal more than money.
Sun in Cancer, Moon in Taurus
- The combination of your Sun and your Moon sign produces a very accommodating and gracious personality. Though you have a core of determination and purpose, you come across as a very charming, sensitive and adaptable individual. You aren't one to take yourself too seriously, and you are always honest and considerate. Thus, it is to be expected that you have little difficulty being very popular and well-liked by most people. You seem able to handle people in a frank and straightforward manner, but always in a tactful and acceptable way. There is a modesty and unassuming way about you, and you're likewise impressed with other that display this trait; perhaps a little put off by those who don't. So you may share your inner feeling with few. Not necessarily being over secretive and isolated, but merely selective and careful in your relationships. Sincerity and loyalty are two traits that you seem to possess and likewise, you require these traits of those closest to you. You know what you want and you can be very objective by nature. In many ways you are introspective and seem to know yourself very well. You are impressionable, but have a good sense of balance and perspective; a well organized and controlled person. There is a strong material side to your nature and money may seem attracted to you naturally. You know how to accumulate wealth and make wise investments. Some born under this combination even become miserly, though the appreciation and enjoyment of the finer things in life usually will forestall this tendency.
Sun in Cancer, Moon in Gemini
- The combination of your Sun sign and your Moon sign produces a highly sensitive and intuitive personality. Flexibility and adaptability are your strengths and sometimes your weakness, as well. You are tuned in to your world and always eager to please. You are essentially a warm and feeling person, and little escapes your impressionable mind. You are a trusting sort, but after too many disappointments and discouraging experiences, you have a tendency to withdraw into yourself. You enjoy social events and really hate feeling that you have been left out of any group. You have a strong curiosity, and don't mind experimenting. Yet if things don't turn out well on your first effort, you are quick to give up and go back to tried ways. Sticking with an endeavor is not one of your strong points. Your feelings are easily hurt, and until you learn not to let it happen, you'll find yourself in a fuming turmoil most of the time. You're highly flexible and adaptable, but indecision may be a lifelong problem. Even if you don't let it show, internally, you're never very sure of yourself.
Sun in Cancer, Moon in Cancer
- The combination of your Sun sign and your Moon sign, a double dose of Cancer, intensifies the natural traits of the sign and produces an added depth of feelings. You are an extremely emotional and timid person. There is an aloofness about your nature, as though you were waiting in the background for someone to make the first move to establish a relationship. Since most people are caught up in their own problems and often fail to understand this nature, you may feel that you are being ignored and snubbed. It's hard for you to come out of yourself and meet people halfway. It's not that you are self-centered, but you may give the impression that you are by not coming across positively. You are so self-protective and seem to have a shell that you crawl into periodically, or even permanently, as a defense against the intrusions of the world. You are touchy with a keen sense of injury and hurt at real or imagined offenses. You can be very suspicious of people and their motives that can make you unapproachable to many. It takes a long time for someone to win your confidence. Though you are extremely domestic and a very protective parent, you're not likely to marry early and your basic nature can make it hard to achieve a stable and concrete relationship. But when you finally put aside this self-protective shell, you are exceptionally warm and genial, a true old-fashioned romantic. You have a deep sense and sympathy and a need for the same. A clever diplomat, your style is to work around an issue, rarely becoming confrontational and direct.
Sun in Cancer, Moon in Leo
- The combination of your Sun sign and your Moon sign produces a Cancer that is a good deal less shy and demure than is normally expected. In personality, you are positive and confident, emphasizing pride, dignity and self-respect. You appear open-hearted, amiable and outgoing. You always strive to make a good first impression because you are a proud person, and you care a good deal about what people think of you. You expect and enjoy having a broad base of support and respect from those whom you come in contact. Your security is knowing others like you and you seem to crave attention and respect. You attract this with your warm, sunny personality, but somehow you manage to keep most people at a distance and never get really close with very many individuals. You distrust people, but you tolerate their shortcomings and feel that you can control most individuals and circumstances. You meet unexpected situations and do the right thing at the right time. Your style is always neat and organized and you don't like to be around sloppy people or disorganized situations. You take yourself seriously, perhaps even to the degree of being a little pompous and self-righteous at times. You know how to get your way while making others feel that they are the winners, and that you are the one who is compromising. Under a rather gentle exterior is a core of independence and determination that others rarely see or realize.
Sun in Cancer, Moon in Virgo
- The combination of your Sun sign and your Moon sign suggests a strengthening of the common traits between these two, such as conventionality, caution, and unpretentiousness. The blend focuses the emotional sensitivity of Cancer with the discrimination and practicality of Virgo. You appeal to people because you seem to have such solid control on matters; expressing the ability to reason out with particular emotional concern and caring. You try hard to appear sure of yourself, and manage your affairs with a cool, calm and practical head. You don't make decisions until you have had a chance to reflect on the situation and make certain you make the right choice. Early on you may have been especially shy and prudent in your behavior; seemingly unsure of yourself. Confidence increases as you mature because of an innate desire to absorb knowledge and master details of all sorts. You rationalize and analyze things very well. This talent notwithstanding, your snap judgments and hunches often miss the mark, especially when you are judging people. Yet when you give yourself time, you are especially skilled at sensing the needs of other people. You have a natural inclination to serving the needs of the public in some way. You handle authority well, because you respect principles, codes, laws and traditions.
Sun in Cancer, Moon in Libra
- The combination of your Cancer Sun and Libra Moon creates a curious blending of independence and dependence, an entwined network of contradictions. The Cancer side of you wants to withdraw and become emotional; the Libra reaches and can remain detached and analytical. There is a constant pull between sheer objectivity and intense emotionalism. You want, and in fact need, companionship. Nonetheless, it's hard for you to give much of yourself, being sensitive and a trifle introverted. You do seem to absorb other people with a charm that makes them readily respond to you. Socially, you are always a winner, but more so in a large gathering than in twosomes or small groups. In many ways, you are a romantic. You like to have people around you, and you like to receive your fair share of attention and notice for what you do. Yet you may have some difficulty responding in kind. There is a strong self-protective mechanism between you and others, and you seem to keep everyone at arms length with a certain suspicion and analytical cleverness. You have an innate ability to see all the strengths and flaws in those around you, and unless you find few or no weaknesses in a person, it will be very difficult for them to penetrate the barrier and get very close to you.
Sun in Cancer, Moon in Scorpio
- The combination of the Sun in Cancer and the Moon in Scorpio produces a forceful and temperamental personality. Your emotions are so near the surface that it takes more than the ordinary amount of understanding to reach you. You are intense and somewhat dramatic in your actions. Though not necessarily the life of the party, you do have a certain magnetic appeal and commanding demeanor. This draws people to you in the political, educational, or social arena of life. You are not so popular as you are impelling. When your feelings stay out of your way, there is no limit to what you can accomplish. But when the sensitive side of your nature does come into play, you can be equally destructive. You can show extremes of concentration on a purpose and a very dedicated devotion to duty. You are never the type to be unkind or mean. You have a deep sense of protectiveness, most for your family or for those friends to whom you are particularly close. You are not the idealist, but rather are attracted to the practical dollars and cents issues and personal worldly ambitions. The romantic side of your nature is ardent, demonstrative and lavish in affections, but apt to be extremely jealous if given a cause. Defensive behavior is strongly marked in your nature, and you seem to have your feelers out for threatening vibrations almost all the time.
Sun in Cancer, Moon in Sagittarius
- The combination of the Sun in Cancer and Moon in Sagittarius blends the contradictory elements of caution, tenacity, and a need for security, with the much more outgoing Sagittarius tendency to be outgoing and independent. This pairing gives you a more sociable and progressive demeanor. You can relate to generalities and ideals, but on a more real and practical basis. You can inspire confidence in people. In your relations with others you demand absolute honesty. When you detect falsity and insincerity in your dealings with people, the sensitive and defensive side of your nature quickly appears. Petty jealousies and trite behavior repels you. You live more or less by your own set of rules, often trying to live up to some ideal or idol you have set up as a goal or inspiration. You are innately the philosopher in the way that you look at life and consider those around you. In many ways, you are a true "free spirit." While you are extremely polite and tactful, you seem to have no difficulty being firm and definite. Communication is frank, open, and no one has to wonder where you stand on an issue. Weakness or timidity is rarely a problem with this placement.
Sun in Cancer, Moon in Capricorn
- The combination of your Sun and Moon signs produces a good deal of ambition and determination in your personality. Yet this is well disguised in a mask of congeniality and understanding. The Cancer Sun is naturally understanding and affectionate, lessening the normal coldness of the Capricorn Moon. This lends good insight and a penetrating look at human nature. You are well equipped for a role in some type of public or official responsibility, and apt to gain recognition for your work in this regard. Prestige and status are likely to flow your way if you make any effort to achieve before the public. You have a reassuring way as you always seem willing to assume responsibilities, and work hard to reach goals. You expect things of value to require a good deal of effort. Unassuming and unpretentious, you are ever willing to tow your share of the load. You appreciate the value of a dollar, but you're not likely to spare cost when it comes to obtaining quality for your investment. A high degree of self-discipline allows you to save or even hoard money for that rainy day. You have a shrewdness that produces a genial and warm manner, but your purpose remains steely and determined. This nice blend of the personal and the sincere, with the calculating business core, allows you to accomplish much without hurting anyone's feelings. It permits you to muster and retain many friends along the way. You know how to drive a hard bargain with a smile on your face, and you have a keen sense for understanding people and instinctively sensing their motives.
Sun in Cancer, Moon in Aquarius
- The combination of your Sun sign and your Moon sign produces the kind of personality that can transmit an excellent understanding of yourself to others around you. You relate well to people and are likely to have the reputation for being one who is understanding and sympathetic. Yet you have a rather objective intellect that always seems to hold a large viewpoint. Your appeal may be to large groups of people more than to individuals as your aloofness and detachment draws people to you rather than drawing you toward others. You often appear preoccupied, as though you were caught up in many thoughts at the same time. You are critical of people, but always in a well-intentioned way. You have a good deal of pride and you're not one to bare your soul to those around you. There is little that is petty about you, and you have little time for pettiness in others. You have a way of achieving power over people, and you seem to spend little time or effort making friends. Nonetheless, you are well accepted for your general concern for people. With an aristocracy of bearing, you raise people to your level, rarely stooping to theirs.
Sun in Cancer, Moon in Pisces
- The combination of your Sun sign and your Moon sign produces a highly fluid nature with much emotional depth. You store a constant flow of impressions and your instincts and hunches are usually very accurate. Your polarity reveals that your personality blends harmoniously with your individuality, but also accentuates your emotional nature, making you mentally receptive and impressionable. You have a very peaceable and amenable personality, and is agreeable and rarely on the wrong side of an argument; agreeable, friendly and diplomatic. Not a fighter, you are so affable and pleasant that is sometimes hard to tell where you stand or how long you are going to stand there. This is not to say you don't have ideas, but you keep them to yourself rather than produce conflict and turmoil. Your practical or political sense is so clear and your ability to apply tact to most situations usually assure you success in most endeavors, but you may have to develop your self-confidence and be a little more willing to act on your hunches and highly accurate intuition. You're suspicious of others, and you may keep many secrets locked inside. In fact, you are self-protective, a bit defensive, and some would say too cautious, a good deal of the time; but because of this, very able to protect yourself from designing people. Never easy to fool, you have good business sense and the ability to drive a good bargain. You can be popular in a large broad way with groups of people, though in personal contacts you are likely to remain a little suspicious and overly careful.
- © Michael McClain 1996-2008. Permission is granted for unlimited noncommercial use. All other rights reserved.