Home | Astrology Index | Numerology Index | Other planets in signs
Saturn in the Twelve Signs
- Saturn is associated with restrictions and obstacles. These frustrating or inhibiting aspects of life are expressed through the sign that Saturn occupies in your chart. Since the planet remains in each sign for two and a half years, these are traits you may share with most of your contemporaries. The traits described become more pronounced when Capricorn is on the Ascendant or when Saturn is in the first house of the chart. Saturn is the natural ruler of the tenth house of the professional life, honor, fame, and success in the eyes of the world at large. Thus, the placement of Saturn denotes the approach to climbing the ladder of success, or the difficulties encountered on that ladder.
Saturn in Aries
- This placement may cause delays in the development of your energies and drive in life. Yet you may take on much personal responsibility at a young age. Obstacles block your progress and your desire to be assertive. Being assertive can make you feel anxiety. You may feel very angry at times, but chances are you can keep your anger in check. Others see you as in cool control most of the time. You will gain a sense of responsibility for yourself from this placement. However, your confidence as a leader may suffer. This placement often produces people who won't take chances and are, therefore, viewed at times as being somewhat weak. Occasionally, the Aries traits comes out in rejection of fear itself. Some famous daredevils performed their stunts to over-compensate for the inborn restriction of Saturn in Aries.
Saturn in Taurus
- Saturn is in Taurus giving you a very strong need for financial and emotional security. To be happy and comfortable, you have to have your daily affairs in order and under strict control. Unfortunately, the placement doesn't give you much unless you earn it. You are a very thrifty person, spending only for what you really need. Your nature tends to patient and disciplined, and you approach to life reflects a matter-of-fact attitude. What you may lack in spontaneity, you more than make up for with your willingness to work hard for success. You are well suited for big business or politics, although your determination can also reap benefits in other fields, especially in the arts.
Saturn in Gemini
- Saturn in Gemini shows adaptability, and a systematic and logical approach. You face problems with a cool and rational sense of control. Reasoning and problem solving abilities are exceptional, and this placement is excellent for the scientific or mathematical fields. Many with this placement experience problems with their early education of with some aspect of communicating. Saturn is Gemini may make if hard to learn lessons, but retention is good when the lesson is learned. Speaking before groups is especially difficult, so you don't waste words. Despite the difficulty you may have in learning, you have a common sense head for business. You cut through detail and get to the facts. You produce tangible results with little discussion.
Saturn in Cancer
- Saturn in Cancer places a restriction on the show of emotions. You have a tendency to hide your inner thoughts and feelings; there is a self-protective coating where emotions are concerned. Home and family weigh heavily on you, and you may give up opportunities to respect these obligations. Family is both a bond and a burden. Often, there is a lack of closeness and warmth between family members. Positive inner action between you and your parents, or you and your children, can be cause for concern. You may love them very much, but it's difficult for you to show your feeling. There is an obligation of responsibility associated with this placement that makes success in the outside world difficult to attain.
Saturn in Leo
- Saturn in Leo gives you a serious personal need to achieve recognition. You don't want to play second fiddle to anyone; simply stated, you want to be the boss. Yet it is so hard for you to express the creative talent that you know you have inside you. You may have unreasonably high expectations for yourself and for those around you. As a parent, you want to be the disciplinarian. Your children may seem a burden to you, and indeed they may be. Because you are rather stern in your dealing, you can have some difficulties in your personal relationships with your children, as well as your mate. Try not to be too hard on those you lead or those you live with. This placement often shows a limited sense of humor, and a demeanor that is very reserved and cautious. Leo is the sign of ultimate self-esteem, and Saturn is the planet that tears down this quality. Don't let your self-image suffer needlessly.
Saturn in Virgo
- Saturn in Virgo gives a measure of prudence and practicality. You are hard worker and a careful worker, too. Your moral attitude may make you too serious sometimes. Research, strategies, and record-keeping are areas in which you may excel. Sometimes it hard for you to sort the apples and decide what is important and what's not. You may worry to much about trivial problems. Reserve and prudence follow you through life. Your success in life will probably be gained by cautious investment and conservative planning. You are too critical of yourself and undervalue your talents and potential for success. Don't think you have to be perfect to succeed.
Saturn in Libra
- Saturn in Libra gives a sense of justice and fairness. This placement give refined approach to intellectual pursuits. Diplomacy and tact come out owing to this Saturn position, and you can work well with people because of a natural trait to cooperate rather than compete. Since Libra is associated with relationships, Saturn here may delay marriage and place obstacles in the path of romantic affairs. A successful marriage will require much patience and hard work. You may have an inferiority complex in forming relationships. Feeling unlovable, you may run off prospective partners. This same fear of rejection can cause problems in your dealing with the outside world in general. Avoid a tendency to shut yourself off socially from people.
Saturn in Scorpio
- Saturn in Scorpio adds much purpose and impatience to your nature. You demand much of yourself and of others. You approach responsibilities with an intensity of purpose that overwhelms people who won't carry their share of the load. You have terrific willpower and much energy. With your determination, it's hard to remain calm and reflective. Secretive and unforgiving, you resent it deeply when you are treated unfairly. Despite your strong drive for success, your approach is usually subtle and calculating.
Saturn in Sagittarius
- Saturn in Sagittarius produces a serious approach to religion, education and philosophy. You are a highly principled person who believes in earning what you achieve through hard work and application. Your reputation is very important to you. This position is associated with leadership in intellectual thought, but higher education may have been blocked for some reason. You may have to educate yourself to achieve the goals you desire. While Sagittarius is the sign of faith, Saturn placed here can produce skepticism and a desire to prove ideas. Conservative in views, you adjust to change slowly and with much resistance. You challenges in life are likely to be associated with religious or philosophical views. In these areas, you are somewhat narrow-minded and fixed in your opinions.
Saturn in Capricorn
- Saturn in Capricorn gives much ambition and desire for power. Saturn is strongest here because this is its natural sign. Your career is very important to you. You invest much into it and you expect to get much out of it. You are a common sense organizer and planner. Diligent and dependable, you want to assume responsibility. You always do more than your share, yet you may find it hard to delegate authority, for you mistrust others' ability to life up to your standards. You are most comfortable in the business or government environment. You prefer the impersonal, structured, and unemotional working situation. Your rise to the top will probably be very slow, but it will be steady. Your utter determination will eventually pay off, if perhaps rather late in life.
Saturn in Aquarius
- Saturn in Aquarius gives strong powers of concentration. Your thinking is both democratic and scientific. Your basically conservative attitudes notwithstanding, inventive and original approaches come easily to you, as well as abstract mathematics and symbolism. Saturn represents conservative restrictions. So this placement is a bit paradoxical and confusing. Often, the placement produces a view of the future that is rather bleak and pessimistic. You may be inclined to work toward the betterment of some aspect of society that is of some particular concern. Aquarius is the sign of the future and of progress.
- You are a good friend, responsible, impartial and always loyal. Cool and collected, you are level-headed and stable. Yet you may find it hard to make friends and you probably get little support from those above you. Pride may make you a social loner.
Saturn in Pisces
- Saturn in Pisces produces a sensitivity in your dealing with world at large. When making your way in the world, you may feel vulnerable and defenseless. This a depressive placement that can make you feel a little paranoid sometimes, often looking on the dark side of a situation rather than the bright side. You may sometimes feel like you are a victim of circumstances or a martyr of sorts. If properly channeled, your sensitive side can be a plus. The productive aspect of this placement is in the ability to exercise compassion in society with a pragmatic approach. Your road to success may be in the artistic, spiritual, or even the psychic. Religious beliefs may be the cornerstone of your life, filling a need for structure and security. Your test in life may be one of developing confidence in your innate abilities. You may need to learn to trust and get in touch with your subconscious. The source of your creativity may be hidden there.
- © Michael McClain 1996-2012. Permission is granted for unlimited noncommercial use. All other rights reserved.